Faughan Valley Landscape Partnership: Source To Estuary Environmental Tours
The Faughan Valley Landscape Partnership are running a number of environmental walks and tours along the course of the River Faughan throughout the Summer.
Day 1 Uplands – Saturday 27th July 2015
- Blanket Bog features and habitats
- River source features
- Glacial landscapes and depositional profiles
Day 2. Mid-course – Saturday 10th August 2015
- Woodland, hedgerows and grassland species
- Mid-course river features
- Human impacts on the environment
Day. 3 Lower reaches – Saturday 24th August
- The urban fringe and environmental degradation
- Estuarine habitats and species
On all 3 days changes to the rivers profile and habitats will be considered as will built heritage sites and local plants and trees species.
All tours begin at the RAPID offices, Killaloo at 10 am and finish at approximately 4 pm. The events are free of charge and lunch will be provided.
For further details or to book a place on any of the days please contact Philip O’Kane at RAPID on 028-71-337498 or e-mail Philip@rapidni.com